Graticule’s global research network provides curated near-real time data for COVID-19 research
- Health system partners in multiple known COVID-19 hotspots in the US and Europe
- Deep integrated registries of tested, COVID+, hospitalized, and ICU patients
- Clinicians expert in treating patients with local standard of care
- Tools to enable advanced information such as radiology
- Health Information Technology partners:
- Large radiology (e.g. Chest CTs and notes) Health Information Exchange available to identify patients in need of hospitalization
- Mobile monitoring solution including device information such as pulse ox for mild symptomatic and asymptomatic patients
- Skilled nursing facility EHR system with rapidly growing (45K+) COVID-19 positive cases
- Patient social network with 1M+ patients with conditions of interest and medication use able to initiate outreach to COVID-19+ patients
- Free text clinical search engine optimized to mine unstructured radiology and clinical notes for COVID-19 related data (e.g. spirometry)
- National scale emergency department clinical and administrative information
- Historical archive data to understand therapy safety for potential drug repositioning
- Participation in linkage networks, data aggregators, and data exchanges for connecting data across COVID-19 data sets
- Collection and communication of common requirements from sponsors
- Defining business requirements for multiple life sciences organizations seeking common data needs
- CRO collaborations to support novel clinical trials including drug repositioning, basket trials and vaccine development
- Webinars and blog posts with real world data industry leaders regarding common needs and potential solutions
COVID-19 Subject Matter Expertise and Data Capabilities
Graticule’s expertise in data licensing, enrichment, and curation with these data sets can enable
- Match making: The Graticule team matches data partners to address specific needs sponsors pose as challenges. Working with your team we define protocol summaries to communicate your needs and offer summary information on available cohorts for feasibility analysis to meet them.
- Extending data: We offer creative approaches such as outreach through social networks, data linking, and contracting for data access across sites to rapidly extend data availability to answer urgent complex questions.
- Sponsored curation initiatives for specific studies: We are engaging with our health system partners to extract and curate data required for multiple RWE studies. These will extend the already rich registries at health systems established for patient care.
- Available imaging data: Graticule offers a collection of de-identified imaging studies (i.e., chest x-ray and CT with lung inflammation) that can be enriched for COVID-19 research and is acquiring relevant new radiology data from January 2020 when the pandemic was first diagnosed in the US.
COVID-19 Real World Data Applications
- Synthetic control arms and basket trials: Accelerate COVID-19 clinical trials by leveraging standard of care based controls and establish/participate in basket trials with common placebo arms to accelerate trial enrollment and optimize resources during pandemic
- Clinical trial design: Design of clinical trials to determine populations for accelerated vaccine programs, and criteria for successful end-points for interventional medications within the complex environment of a pandemic with over 900 concurrent trials
- Repurposing or repositioning: Evaluate safety and effectiveness of existing drugs of interest by tracking clinical outcomes & reported adverse events for both historical cohorts and cohorts with COVID-19 receiving the medication prior to exposure
- Treatment response: Visibility into complex treatment responses through advanced data such as images and free text notes from patient records
- Biomarker and AI diagnostic discovery: Review of structured and unstructured data enables predictive models of patient trajectories that can be used for decision support
- Patient journey mapping: At home applications and telehealth data can provide insight into mild and asymptomatic cases. Medical records and advanced device information from registries provide a map of the journey for higher acuity cases. Background data from historical claims and genetics can provide insights into stratification of risk and journeys.
- Disease progression: Study patterns in imaging data to review & understand disease progression for prevention and therapeutic intervention.